We bring you a list of the best data recovery software of 2017 which are completely free. Sometimes, a software bug or virus can also corrupt your hard disk. We lose our important data from hard disk by accidentally pressing the Delete key. In that case, you need the best data recovery software or a recovery tool to recover your important data back at any cost. We have given a list of best free data recovery software considering factors such as whether the software can recover Unallocated, RAW, Corrupt or Formatted Hard Disk; its ability to recover from different file systems such as FAT32, FAT, NTFS, HFS etc.
List of Free Data Recovery Software
The fact that PhotoRec is on the highest of the best data recovery software list, is widely acclaimed for its powerful file recovery over a wide type of devices starting from digital cameras to hard disks. It’s specially created to recover information like documents, pictures, videos, etc., from hard disks, CD-ROMs. Here are a number of the features of PhotoRec recovery tool:
- Features such as the ‘unformat function’ and the ability to add your own custom file types do come in handy.
- Compatible with almost all major platforms such as Linux, Windows, Mac OS X etc.
- Comes packed with the ability to recover more than 200 different file formats.
Supported Platforms: PhotoRec recovery program can run on Windows Vista,10, 8, 8.1, 7, XP, & older versions of Windows, DOS, Linux, BSD, Mac OS.
Recuva is only involved with helping you get accidentally deleted files back, but to this end, it makes things as simple and stress-free as attainable. It opens by default to a file recovery wizard, that advanced users will, later on, skip: from here, select the type of file you are attempting to recover (picture, documents, compressed, emails and all files are among those on offer) and it will focus its search consequently.
You can target your search to a selected location or search all of your drives, and you’ll prefer to select a fast or deep scan. The latter takes much longer, however, flushes out additional results. Then click ‘Start’ and wait for the scan to finish.
Some of the features of Recuva are:
- Easy User interface
- Superior file recovery
- Secure overwrite feature that uses industry & military standard deletion techniques and,
- Advanced deep scan mode
Supported Platforms: Recuva data recovery software for PC can be used on Windows Vista, XP, 10, 8, 8.1, 7, and older versions of Windows.
3. DMDE Free Edition-
DMDE might not be the best tool to use, however, it’s one among the foremost effective free file recovery tool. DMDEworks by letting you choose a drive and then identifies all mountable partitions, with the most obvious decisions highlighted. Some options of DMDE are-
- Multiple filters available.
- Doesn’t display original folder names but displays original file names.
- Can save logs to avoid rescan at the later stage.
- It is portable.
- Supports deep scan.
It’s an open source software that was created with an aim to get back lost partitions and fix non-booting disks. filled with options and a file recovery system that can simply overshadow that of any other data recovery software system, TestDisk features a ton to supply for each novice and specialists. Here are a number of the TestDisk’s features:
- Allows users to rebuild/recover the boot sector
- Fix or recover removed partition table besides being able to reliably undelete files from FAT, NTFS, exFAT and ext2 file systems.
As TestDisk is a command line tool, so it may not be suitable for some users.
Supported Platforms: TestDisk can run on MacOS, BSD, Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows, Linux, and DOS.
5. Undelete 360-
With the looks of a typical workplace application, the Undelete 360 is made on a quick yet economical formula that permits the user to undelete files. Here are a number of the options of Undelete 360:
- Does a great job in recovering recently deleted files as compared to other free data recovery software
- It includes a data-wiping tool, a Hex Viewer along with the ability to preview files before recovery.
- Also able to recover files of a wide variety of types such as DOC, HTML, AVI, MP3, JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- Works on a variety of devices such as smartphones, Digital cameras, computer hard drives, memory cards, USBs etc.
Supported Platforms: Undelete 360 can run on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP, and older versions of Windows.
6. MiniTool Partition Recovery Free-
One of the most horrifying data loss experiences is once a whole drive or partition goes missing. usually, this could be derived to an accidentally deleted partition device. If the issue is this easy, obtaining the partition back will be done easily and quickly while not going Windows using MiniTool Partition Recovery Free. Here ar a number of the good options of this recovery tool specialised in partition recovery:
- Point MiniTool Partition Recovery tool at the problematic drive and it will scan for the missing partition
- An easy wizard-based interface
- Specialized in data recovery on an entire partition
Supported Platforms: MiniTool Partition Recovery software can run on Windows XP,10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, and older versions of Windows.
7. Paragon Rescue Kit 14 Free Edition-
All of the recovery tools we’ve lined to date assume you are able to boot into Windows to use them. however what happens if Windows will not boot at all? This is wherever Paragon Rescue Kit comes into play. Here are some of the good features of this recovery tool:
- Backup to local mounted and unmounted (without assigned drive letter) partitions
- Backup to network shares
- Sector backup to save not only all on-disk information but also the system service structures
- Backup to an externally mounted storage to provide a higher level of data protection and system independence
- Backup to external media (DVD/CD) to guarantee a high level of data protection as long as the backup media is kept secure
Restoration data recovery program takes the last position within the list of best data recovery tools. It’s no completely different and is similar to the other free undelete apps on this list. Here are a number of things that we have a tendency to likable concerning this data recovery tool:
- No confusing and no cryptic buttons or any complicated file recovery procedures
- Does not need to be installed and can run data recovery from a USB drive.
- Very simple and easy to use
- It can recover data and files from hard drives, memory cards, USB drives, and other external drives as well.
Supported Platforms: Restoration runs on Windows XP, Vista, 2000, NT, ME, 95 and 98 and also, successfully tested Windows 7 and Windows 10. Sometimes, runs into a problem with Windows 8.
Here was the list of best free data recovery software for the different operating system. If you think that I missed some software do let us know by commenting below.
Nice post. keep it up.